- Denver highlighted in Urban Land Institute Magazine.
- Denver is a magnet for millennials, Urban Land reports.
- Link to entire Urban Land article on Denver at the end of this article.
This 6,887-square-foot home in the LoHi area just went on the market for $3.2 million. A similarly sized home in Manhattan is priced at $15 million. Urban Land says Denver is a mecca for millennials who want cheaper housing than in the Big Apple, but still crave urban charm.
By John Rebchook
Observers increasingly are beginning to worry that with record high home prices and apartment rents, the Denver metro area is becoming increasingly unaffordable. Continue reading Urban Land: Denver affordable…compared to NYC
- Coldwell Banker releases luxury report for February.
- Coldwell’s analysis shows luxury homes soared.
- More luxury home supply is coming on the market, Coldwell reports.
This 2,762-square-foot, 3-bed, 4-bath home is priced at $1.395 million, which was the median price of a luxury home sold last month, Coldwell Banker reports.
By John Rebchook
Luxury home sales in the Denver area jumped 46.5 percent in February from February 2014, according to a report by Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage. Continue reading Coldwell Banker: Luxury home sales sizzle in February
- Downtown Denver Partnership releases State of Downtown Denver report.
- Downtown is firing on all cylinders.
- Downtown experienced more than $1 billion in development last year, with almost twice that on the way.
Graphic highlights downtown Denver activity: Source: Downtown Denver Partnership.
By John Rebchook
More than $1 billion in real estate investments were made in downtown Denver last year, with almost double that amount going forward this year, according to the Downtown Denver Partnership.
Continue reading Partnership: Downtown getting $1.9 billion in developments
- New home in LoHi is on the market for $3.2 million.
- LoHi home has 6,887 square feet.
- LoHi home sits on a bluff overlooking I-25 and downtown’s skyline.
By John Rebchook
This 6,887-square-foot LoHi home can be yours for $3.2 million.
An award-winning, highly-visible single-family home in LoHi is on the market for a record asking price for the neighborhood of $3.2 million. Continue reading LoHi home sets record with $3.2 million price
- Jefferson County foreclosures soared, according to RealtyTrac.
- Jefferson County increase likely because of lawsuits against law firms.
- Jefferson County accounted for half the Denver-are foreclosures in February.
This 4-bedroom, 2.5-bath foreclosed home with 2,226 in Arvada in Jefferson County has a current bid of $349,900, according to RealtyTrac.
Jefferson County experienced a 232 percent spike in foreclosure activity in February, according to a national report. Continue reading Jefferson County foreclosures spike
- Matsuhisa will open a restaurant in Steele Creek in Cherry Creek North.
- Matsuhisa already has restaurants in Vail and Aspen.
- It is a highly-acclaimed restaurant.
Matsuhisa, a highly-acclaimed restaurant, will take almost half the retail space in the Steele Creek tower under construction in Cherry Creek North.
Matsuhisa, a highly acclaimed restaurant, will serve as a retail anchor tenants in the 12-story Steele Creek apartment tower under construction in the heart of Cherry Creek North. Continue reading Matsuhisa retail anchor at Steele Creek in CCN
- SB 177 passes Senate committee.
- SB 177 addresses construction defect litigation concerns.
- SB 177 still has a long road ahead before it becomes law.
D4 is developing the Denizen apartment community, which will be the first Platinum LEED apartment community in Denver. It will not be converted into condos, down the road, even if SB 177 passes.
Developer Chris Waggett is no fan of shoddy condo construction. Continue reading Developer supports SB 177, not shoddy condo construction
- Complaint filed over proposed 12-story condo tower across from Sloan’s Lake.
- Rule 106 appeal filed by Sloan’s Lake Neighborhood Association against City Council members.
- Councilwoman Shepherd thinks the city will win and the zoning will be upheld.
A rendering by RNL of the planned 12-story condo building across from Sloan’s Lake. The zoning for this tower led to a lawsuit by 3 neighbors and a RNO.
Residents who oppose zoning that allow a proposed 12-story condominium tower across from Sloan’s Lake in north Denver have sued the Denver City Council. Continue reading Residents sue City Council over Sloan’s Lake condo tower
- Mayor Hancock testifies in favor of SB-177.
- The bill would make it more difficult to sue developers for construction defects.
- Condo construction reform is needed to being more affordable housing to Denver, the Mayor says.
250 Columbine, under construction in Cherry Creek North, is one of the few condo communities under construction in Denver. Mayor Hancock hopes SB-177 could encourage more affordable condos to be built.
Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock on Wednesday testified in favor of legislation that would make it more difficult for developers to be sued for construction defects. Continue reading Hancock testifies in favor of condo construction defect bill
- Short-term rentals area a hot topic in Denver.
- INC is urging City Council to regulate short-term rentals.
- Short-term rentals are homes rented for fewer than 30 days.
This short-term rental in the Villa Park neighborhood can be rented for $89 a night. Source: Airbnb.
The fast-growing short-term rental phenomenon is heating up in Denver. Continue reading Short-term rentals hotly debated in Denver