Take a poll at the end of this blog
- Jeff Hawks speaks at real estate symposium.
- Hawks thinks renting will top buying for many.
- Others think record rents will convince people to buy.
Even with 10,000 new apartment hitting the Denver-area market this year — and thousands of more in the pipeline — Jeff Hawks does not think the market is facing a multifamily overbuilding crisis. Continue reading Time to buy or rent?
- Elevation Infill unveils MOTO.
- MOTO is a 64-unit apartment building coming to 820 Sherman St.
- It is being designed by Gensler.
MOTO is coming to 820 Sherman St.
It’s called MOTO. Continue reading MOTO coming to 8th and Sherman
- City asked Denver citizens for their favorite places.
- Hundreds have responded.
- Campaign drawing to a close.
Hundreds have weighed in on official city sites answering “What’s your favorite place in Denver?” since the city posed that question about a month ago. Continue reading Clock ticking on favorite place vote
- RE/MAX releases national report.
- Report shows Denver housing market is tight.
- Only San Francisco is tighter.
Months of supply in the Denver area. Source: RE/MAX.
The Denver-area has less than a two-month supply of unsold homes on the market, according to a national report released by RE/MAX on Tuesday. Continue reading Less than a 2-month supply of homes in Denver
- Gates Rubber site sold.
- Records put the sales price at $28.5 million.
- Previous plans called for 2,500 residential units.
Gates Rubber factory site finally sold.
Five years after an effort to redevelop the former Gates Rubber factory site into a $1 billion mixed-use development south of downtown Denver collapsed during the financial crisis, a new buyer has taken control of the 41.7-acre property. Continue reading Group pays $28.5 million for Gates
- Gerald Hines and Roger Staubach were in Denver last week.
- Both were speakers at the Colorado Commercial Real Estate Symposium.
- The even drew more than 600.
Roger Staubach and Gerald Hines. Photo credit: Mark Clegg at Hines.
Gerald Hines and Roger Staubach combined have more than a century’s history in commercial real estate. Continue reading Staubach, Hines making plays in Denver
- Metrolist releases August numbers.
- Overall, market showed a seasonal slowdown.
- YOY, under contracts bucked the trend.
Home prices snapshot. Source: Metrolsit
The Denver-area housing market in August showed a typical seasonal slowdown, with a few bright spots. Continue reading Home contracts up 6%
- Jesse Hamilton of Land Title Guarantee Co. releases a downtown condo report.
- The average price of a condo tops a half-million dollars.
- Average sales price per square foot is approaching $450.
Second Quarter Market Snapshots.
Downtown condo prices have hit all-time highs with no slowdown in price appreciation in sight, while at the same time sales are slowing because of a lack of inventory, shows a new report. Continue reading Condo prices higher than ever
- Chad McWhinney is involved in high-profile downtown developments.
- He also lives downtown.
- In a Q&A, he said he would consider developing condos downtown.
Developer Chad McWhinney is a big player in the continuing Renaissance of downtown Denver. Continue reading McWhinney on living downtown
- Memorial for Oliver Frascona set.
- It will be in Broomfield in October.
- Mr. Frascona’s law firm is hosting the “Celebration of Oliver’s Life.”
A “Celebration of Oliver’s Life” will be held for the widely loved and respected Oliver Frascona, who recently died in a tragic air crash in the plane he was piloting in Erie. Continue reading Memorial for Oliver Frascona