Mark Trenka, owner of Trenka & Associates, has been elected as chairman of the board for Metrolist, the largest Multiple Listing Service in Colorado.
“With 25 years of business management and sales experience, we can draw on Mark Trenka’s broad experience to help guide and grow our company,” said Kirby Slunaker, the president and CEO of Metrolist.
“As a board member of two years, I’m honored to become chair of Metrolist,” Trenka said. “Our organization has been undergoing a lot of change and I’m looking forward to being part of the leadership team guiding Metrolist to provide enhanced services for our members, as well as Denver-area homebuyers and sellers.”
Trenka & Associates is a full service brokerage with a strong emphasis on the condominium and loft markets in the Denver metro area. Owner Mark Trenka has served as the chairman of the Denver Board of Realtors,along with other leadership positions at DBR and its successor organization, the Denver Metro Association of Realtors.
Other recent actions by the board include:
- Gerry Fitzpatrick, of RE/MAX Southeast, was re-elected as vice chair.
- Kevin Risen, of Coldwell Banker Residential, was elected to replace Mike Burns as an “At Large” director representing the Large Brokers.
- Alicia Sexton, of RE/MAX Alliance, was elected Chair of the Audit & Investment Committee.
- Karen Easton, of Easton Associates, was elected Chair of the Metrolist Shareholder & Participating Associations Linkage Committee.
- Jon Larrance, of Perry & Co, was elected to represent the Denver Metro Association of Realtors.
All of the existing board members were re-elected by their associations.
“The board of directors articulates and upholds the vision, values and mission of REcolorado and Metrolist,” Slunaker said.
Other board members and their associations include:
Aurora Association of Realtors Inc.
- Bruce Gardner, Mastery Inc.
- Cheri Long, Wiechert Realtors
Douglas Elbert Realtor Association, Inc.
- Jan Reinhardt, RE/MAX Alliance.
Mountain Metro Association of Realtors.
- Alice Carmody, RE/MAX Alliance.
South Metro Denver REALTOR Association Inc.
- Steve Olson, RE/MAX Masters.
- Jim Wanzeck, RE/MAX Masters.
Denver Metro Association of Realtors.
- Justin Knoll, Coldwell Banker Denver Central.
- Michael Welk, Innovative Real Estate.
- Chad Ochsner, RE/MAX Alliance.
Have a story idea or real estate tip? Contact John Rebchook at JRCHOOK@gmail.com. InsideRealEstateNews.com is sponsored by Universal Lending, Land Title Guarantee and 8z Real Estate. To read more articles by John Rebchook, subscribe to the Colorado Real Estate Journal.