- Huge shopping center coming to Castle Rock.
- It’s being developed by Alberta Development and Forum Real Estate.
- Center is one of the largest going forward in the U.S.
Developers this afternoon will celebrated the ground breaking of a $177 million, 1-million-square-foot destination retail center in Castle Rock. It will be one of the largest shopping centers under construction in the US, when completed.
It is being built just off Interstate 25 at U.S. Highway 85.
“This will be one of the largest community center developments in the United States,” said Don Provost, principal of Alberta Development Partners.
“We look forward to bringing some of the best retailers in the country to Castle Rock,” Provost added.
Castle Rock center’s 4 districts
The center will have four distinct districts. Districts will ccombine large-format retail, services and restaurants with communal outdoor spaces .
The four districts include:
- The Front Porch: The gateway to the project features community dining a fire lounge and farmer’s market feeling.
- The Merc: A modern trading post in The Promenade will include pop-up cafes, pop-up retail amphitheater, troughs of garden plantings and an outdoor theater.
- The Town Square: The heart of the shopping center will have a grand plaza feel, flowering trees, a hearth, trench water features and gardens.
- The Village: The Promenade’s restaurant row will be an intimate setting with covered lounge and dining, wishing well fountains and wagon wheel banquettes.
“It’s a priority for us to bring in new amenities for our residents and give more people reason to visit our terrific town,” said Castle Rock Mayor Paul Donahue.
“We’re excited this project is moving forward for our community,” Donahue added.
Alberta and Forum purchased the property for $44 million from a local seller in one of the largest suburban land acquisitions in the country. Despite’s today celebration, the actual construction will begin in the next 30 days, with retailers opening between 2015 and 2018.
Since the Great Recession, few large shopping centers have been built in the U.S.
Have a story idea or real estate tip? Contact John Rebchook at JRCHOOK@gmail.com. InsideRealEstateNews.com is sponsored by Universal Lending, Land Title Guarantee Co. and 8z Real Estate. To read more articles by John Rebchook, subscribe to the Colorado Real Estate Journal.
Interested in buying a home in Castle Rock? Please visit COhomefinder.com.