- Judge issues decision on Gaylord hotel case.
- Hotels fighting lost.
- An appeal is possible.
A massive hotel development in Aurora that could cost as much as $850 million, moved a step closer to starting construction thanks to a court decision.
A rendering of the proposed Gaylord hotel project.
Continue reading Gaylord hotel wins court battle
- Kentwood Real Estate releases luxury home sales for March.
- Single-family sales rise 10.6%.
- Kentwood has 20% of the luxury home market’s listings.
This 12,161-square-foot home in Cherry Hills Village recently sold for $4.45 million. It has 6 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms.
The number of luxury homes sold in the Denver area rose by 10.6 percent in March from March 2013, according to a report by Kentwood Real Estate. Continue reading Kentwood: Luxury home sales up 10.6%
- InsideRealEstateNews. tracked real estate brokers in state.
- Information came from DORA’s Division of Real Estate.
- There were more brokers in the state a decade ago.
Peter Niederman speaks at a CU Real Estate Center Forum.
Last year was a record one for the Denver housing market by most measures. Continue reading Number of brokers far off record
- Kentwood ranked No. 1 for sales volume per broker in 2013.
- Ranking was by RISMedia.
- Kentwood brokers averaged almost $12 million in sales volume.
Kentwood Real Estate has been ranked number one nationally for the highest average closed sales volume per broker. Continue reading Kentwood No. 1 in nation
- Tennyson Hardware closings its doors.
- Store has been owned by Kort family since 1973.
- Lack of parking drove away customers, owner says.
Larry and Holly Kort stand in front of a mural that shows their Tennyson Hardware store.
Tennyson True Value Hardware, a retail fixture in Northwest Denver for more than four decades, is closing. Continue reading Tennyson Hardware closing
- Realtor group honors its top performance.
- DMAR event drew 700.
- Group will replace old HQ with tech-savvy space.
The Denver-area real estate brokers were honored on Thursday, in an event that drew hundreds of people from the industry. Continue reading Top Realtors honored
- Pizzeria Locale plans West Highland restaurants.
- The pizza joint will take over the Common Grounds space.
- Chipotle is Pizzeria Locale’s partner.
Pizzeria Locale will be moving into this space.
The highly acclaimed Pizzeria Locale will replace the former Common Grounds space in the heart of West Highland. Continue reading Pizzeria Locale replacing Common Grounds
- Landmark Commission recommends historic status for church.
- Beth Eden church building in at 3241 Lowell.
- Landmark’s recommendation goes to City Council.
Beth Eden Church Building.
The only church building in Denver believed to be blessed with a Tudor Revival design has been a player in a high-profile development drama for years, but it took the Landmark Preservation Commission only about 70 minutes on Tuesday afternoon to unanimously move it one step closer to being saved. Continue reading Church gets historic nod
- Historic designation hearing on church building is today.
- Planning department supports the designation.
- City Council will make the final decision.
Denver planning supports historic designation for former Beth Eden Baptist Church.
The Denver Community Planning and Development staff is recommending historic designation for the former Beth Eden Baptist Church at 3241 Lowell Boulevard in the heart of the Highlands Square area of West Highland. Continue reading Planning dept. supports historic designation