- Case-Shiller releases December report.
- Denver home prices up 8.1% YOY.
- Denver home prices set record for 10th consecutive month.
Case-Shiller graph for December.
Home prices in the Denver area soared by 8.1 percent in December from December 2013, according to the closely watched Case-Shiller report released today. Continue reading Case-Shiller: Denver home prices up 8.1%
- RE/MAX expands into Japan.
- RE/MAX has a local franchise and regional franchise in Japan.
- Japan seen as a growth market.
RE/MAX is growing fast in Japan.
Denver-based RE/MAX is quickly expanding into the Land of the Rising Sun. Continue reading RE/MAX has a yen for Japan
- Q&A with Lane Hornung.
- Absorption topic of conversation.
- Hornung thinks housing supply will remain low.
Lane Hornung discusses the absorption rate and what it means for sales and home prices.
Lane Hornung wants you to imagine a big pond. Continue reading Hornung: Real Estate 101, absorption
- Construction underway on $70 million Cherry Creek North project.
- Development includes a hotel and retail.
- It is being developed by BMC Investments and Sage Hospitality.
A rendering of the new hotel and retail development underway in Cherry Creek North.
Construction is underway on the $70 million hotel and retail development on the former U.S. Post Office site in the heart of Cherry Creek North. Continue reading Construction underway in CCN
- Coldwell Banker releases luxury home report.
- Coldwell Banker shows luxury sales rose in January.
- Coldwell Banker: Luxury prices down.
This 4,326-square-foot, 6-bedroom, 3-bedroom home at 777 Williams St. in Denver is on the market for close to the median sale price of $1.27 million for a luxury home sale last month.
Luxury home sales rose 13.6 percent in the Denver area in January from January 2014, according to a report released on Wednesday by Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage. Continue reading Coldwell Banker: Luxury home sales up 13.6%
- City council approves zoning for 12-story condo tower.
- NAVA Real Estate plans a rare condo building.
- A spirited and emotional public hearing preceded the vote.
A rendering by RNL of the planned 12-story condo building across from Sloan’s Lake.
The Denver City Council, following a marathon public hearing, on Tuesday night, unanimously approved rezoning that will allow a 12-story condominium tower to be built across from Sloan’s Lake. Continue reading Council paves way for 12-story condo tower at Sloan’s Lake
- Denver seeks $117 million for National Western Stock Show campus.
- State funds seen as crucial for $856 million plan.
- Idea is to make National Western a year-round venue.
National Western Stock Show campus could double its revenues and be a year-round venue.
The City and County of Denver is seeking $116.9 million in state funds to help transform the National Western Stock Show campus into a year-round event center. Continue reading Stock show funding sought
- SkyHouse breaks ground.
- SkyHouse is a 26-story luxury apartment tower.
- SkyHouse is one of the few new apartment towers in the Uptown area.
SkyHouse Denver will open in mid-2016.
Ground was officially broken on Tuesday on SkyHouse Denver. Continue reading SkyHouse breaks ground in downtown
- Jesse Hamilton releases downtown Denver condo report.
- Report shows condo sales are down, but prices are up.
- Construction defect legislation is needed to pave the way for condo construction.
Snapshot of downtown condo activity. Source: Jesse Hamilton, LTGC.
A lack of inventory drove downtown Denver condo sales down 9 percent in 2014 from 2013, according to a new report. Continue reading Downtown condo sales dip
- Brookfield unveils homes priced under $350,000 at Midtown.
- Few new single-family homes are available in this price range.
- Tealight series of homes expected to fly off the shelf.
A rendering of a home in the Tealight series at Midtown.
Brookfield Residential on Valentine’s Day opened the least expensive homes yet at its popular Midtown neighborhood, about 10 minutes north of some of the most popular neighborhoods in Denver. Continue reading Midtown welcomes s-f homes under $350,000