What about the housing market makes you thankful? Post your comments at the bottom of IREN.
- A Q&A with Lane Hornung from Thanksgiving 2011.
- Column shows how much the market has changed in two years.
- Few would call today’s market a “turkey.”
Editor’s Note. This column ran two years ago on Thanksgiving. I’m running it again as a reminder of how much the housing market has recovered since 2011.
It would be easy to say that home ownership is a turkey. Continue reading Home market no longer a turkey
- Ryan McMaken posts apartment report.
- 3rd Quarter report covers areas outside of Denver.
- Northern Colorado’s market is especially tight.
Apartment vacancy rates across Colorado’s Front Range remained low during the third quarter, with northern Colorado’s markets reporting occupancy rates of more than 97 percent in most submarkets, and Greeley hitting near an all-time low in vacancy, according to a state report released on Wednesday. Continue reading Apartment vacancies low
- Jesse Hamilton of Land Title Guarantee Co. releases 3rd quarter downtown condo report.
- Excluding the Four Seasons, the market is strong.
- Demand is there for a new condo tower.
The Four Seasons is sold out.
Forget the Four Seasons.
Not literally, as the Denver Four Seasons Residences remains the most expensive and most luxurious condo tower ever built in downtown Denver.
The sold-our Four Seasons, however, was almost a force of nature that had a disproportionate impact on the number of units sold and dollar volume on downtown’s condo market last year. Continue reading Sans Four Seasons, downtown condos hot
- Case-Shiller releases September report.
- Denver home prices up 9.9%, YOY.
- Denver ranked 13th of 20 MSAs.
Home prices in the Denver area rose by 9.9 percent in September from September 2012, as metro-area housing prices set a new high, according to the closely watched Case-Shiller report released today. Continue reading Case-Shiller: Denver homes up 9.9%
- RealtyTrac releases October home report.
- Report tracks percentage of all-cash buyers.
- Denver, Colorado lag nation average for cash buyers.
All-cash buyers of properties in the Denver area and in Colorado make up a smaller percentage of all home sales than in the nation as a whole, according to a nationwide analysis of October home sales released today. Continue reading RealtyTrac: Fewer local cash buyers than in U.S.
- HBA of Metro Denver releases October report.
- Report tracks permits 8 counties and 26 communities.
- Permits indicate future building activity.
This 5,920-square-foot home under construction n Golden is on the market for $925,000.
New home building activity in the Denver area is showing no signs of slowing, according to a report released on Monday afternoon. Continue reading Home building up 25%
- The Colorado Division of Housing releases foreclosure report.
- Foreclosure levels lowest since state began tracking them.
- Foreclosures now at a “normal” rate.
Foreclosure filings fell 55.2 percent in Colorado metro counties in October, hitting the lowest level recorded in any month since the state began collecting monthly totals in 2007, according to a report released on Monday. Continue reading Foreclosure free fall
- AG Suthers sues duct-cleaning companies.
- The companies allegedly violated the state’s Consumer Protection Act.
- The companies not only didn’t honor low-ball prices, but in cases damaged homes.
Colorado Attorney General John Suthers
Colorado Attorney General John Suthers announced today that a civil lawsuit was filed and obtained a temporary restraining order against the owners of duct-cleaning companies and the companies themselves, which operated under several different name. Continue reading Suthers goes after air-duct cleaners
- Block 32 at RiNo reeling in the awards.
- Named a Project of the Year by DU.
- It also was one of the winners in the Mayor’s Design Award
Block 32 at RiNo
In October, the penultimate stop on a bus tour of 10 apartment communities was a building that couldn’t be missed, with its splash of bright red on its exterior, which contrasted the nearby gray industrial buildings. Continue reading Block 32 at RiNo a winner