- Colorado Division of Housing releases statewide apartment report.
- Overall, vacancy rates fall.
- Rents rise in all but one area
The vacancy rate in Colorado apartments fell to 4.9 percent in the first quarter, down from 5.2 percent in the first quarter of 2012, according to a Colorado Division of Housing report released today. Continue reading Colorado apartment vacancies fall
Join the conversation. Vote in a poll at the end of this article.
- RealtyTrac releases April foreclosure report.
- Colorado’s ranking improves by 25 places.
- Is the foreclosure crisis over?
There has been nothing remotely funny about Colorado frequently landing on a Top 10 list it never wanted to be on.
At long last, a nationwide foreclosure report released today by RealtyTrac shows Colorado is not only off that list, but isn’t even close to being one of the states plagued by a high rate of homeowners losing their homes. Continue reading Foreclosures fall dramatically; crisis may be over
- When buying a new home, the lot choice can be critical.
- Dan Polimino reviews some consumer choices.
- Consider the size of the backyard, proximity to other homes and direction of the dirt.
By Dan Polimino
Special to InsideRealEstateNews.com
A big part of buying a new construction home is the lot location. Continue reading A lot to think about when buying a lot
- Kentwood releases luxury housing report.
- Luxury sales up 140.7%.
- Some sellers still losing money.
Well-heeled buyers bought 65 luxury homes in the Denver area last month for a total of $102.3 million, a 140.7 percent jump in the number of sales and a 134.3 percent increase in sales volume from April 2012, according to a report released today by Kentwood Real Estate.
Continue reading April record month for luxury home sales
- HBA of Metro Denver releases permit report.
- March home permits up 48.6%
- 1,614 home permits issued in 1Q.
New home construction activity in the Denver area set a two-year streak of growth in March, according to a report released today. Continue reading Home permits up 54.5 percent in 1st Quarter
- Gary Bauer tracks inventory levels of unsold homes.
- Overall, there’s a 1.49-month supply.
- There is still a 20.6 month supply for homes over $2 million.
There is less than a two-month supply of unsold single family homes on the Denver-area market, according to an analysis by independent broker Gary Bauer.
Continue reading Less than 2 months of unsold homes on market
- Gary Bauer tracked sales by price bands.
- There are few homes available at the low-end.
- Inventory grew the most from $1 million to $1.999 million.
If you can afford to go high, you might just go home with a house in Denver’s frenetic housing market. Continue reading Go high and go home (with a house)
- Real Trends held is 2013 Gathering of the Eagles conference in Denver last week.
- The conference was titled “A New Era.”
- Lane Hornung helped kick off the conference by participating on the first panel.
“All great companies have cultures that are so tight, they’re almost cult-like: Those people who do not share the company’s core values find themselves surrounded by corporate antibodies and ejected like a virus,” Jim Collins.
During last week’s unseasonal snowstorm, Lane Hornung kicked off a panel apologizing for the weather to the group of leading residential real estate executives from all across the country gathered in Denver for the 2013 Gathering of Eagles Conference sponsored by Castle Rock-based Real Trends. It was the 26th annual Gathering of Eagles conference. This year’s theme was “A New Era.”
However, Hornung, founder and president of 8z Real Estate, had nothing to apologize to the more than 100 real estate leaders packed into a meeting room at the Westin Downtown Denver hotel last Wednesday, when moderator Sherry Chris, president and CEO of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC., asked Hornung and the other three panel members what most excited them about the future of the residential real estate industry. Continue reading Weather aside, Hornung shines at Gathering of Eagles
- SMDRA hosts 1st Diamond Circle Awards.
- Tara Simmons Rookie of the Year
- Sam Adams provided entertainment
The South Metro Denver Realtors Association recently honored top-producing real estate professionals at the first Diamond Circle Awards ceremony.
Continue reading Diamond brokers shine at SMDRA function
- Inventory rises in April from March.
- Nine-month trend of MOM declining inventory ends.
- Record $4.4 billion in homes closed in first 4 months.
An unprecedented nine-month streak of the inventory of unsold homes falling in the Denver area from the previous month came to an end in April, according to a report released today by independent broker Gary Bauer. Continue reading Home market fires on all cylinders in April